This week’s blog takes a look at the celebrations across the world focused on making the airport Halloween 2016 experience one to remember.
First of all, it’s not only airports that get in to the spooky spirit this time of year – airlines like to celebrate as well with discounts, scary updates to their websites, and often unique airport Halloween 2016 passenger experiences. For example, Scoot Airlines, one of the Low-Cost Carriers (LCCs) in Asia, is running a 50% off promotion Just enter the discount code “SCARY” when you checkout on their website.
Scoot gets in the Airport Halloween 2016 spirit
CJ Traveling Around Brazil – in the plane
I spent the last two weeks traveling around Brazil, and I thought it would be fun to roll up my journey as well as some travel hacks I observed while there. You might have already seen my blog on flying to Rio on the Dreamliner, but did you check out what happened next?
Here’s the road-map of my least epic adventure traveling around Brazil:
- Oct 15-16: Exploring Santa Teresa – Day 1 – read it here
- Oct 16-17: Rio in 2 Days – Ipanema, Corcovado, and Sugar Loaf – read it here
- Oct 17-20: Iguazu Falls – 3 Days in Paradise – read it here
- Oct 18: Paraguay from Brazil via Iguaçu – read it here
- Oct 19: Iguaçu National Park in Brazil – read it here
- Oct 20-21: Sao Paulo in a Day – #layovertips – read it here
- Oct 21-22: Manaus daytripping in Brazil – read it here
- Oct 22: Amazonian adventure – read it here
- Oct 23: Amazon Gero Tours – Into the Jungle – read it here
- Oct 24: Off the grid in the Amazon – read it here
Recently, I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Brazil with some friends and got to do so flying to Rio on the Dreamliner.
Here was my itinerary for Friday, October 7th (2016):
- DEN-IAH 310PM-626PM UA1874 (787 Dreamliner)
- IAH-GIG 930PM-925AM UA129 (flying to Rio on the Dreamliner)
My visa and passport came via FedEx overnight from Travisa the morning of October 7th, just in time to make my 310PM flight out of DEN so that I’d be flying to Rio on the Dreamliner. See more about that Visa process here.
HMSHost Airport Restaurant Month
This week we’ll be covering October Airport Restaurant Month returning to an airport near you. Last week we wrote about the DEN Oktoberfest beer tent coming back to the airport, and this week’s October Airport Restaurant Month blog extends the foodie theme one step further. This year’s October Airport Restaurant Month will also be at DEN, in case you’re looking for another #layovertip after you check out the beer tent. You can follow the conversation on Twitter through the hashtag #AirportRestaurantMonth, and participate in person October 1 – 31 this year.