Since we covered aviation April Fool’s pranks last weekend, we thought we’d do a delayed roll-up of airport Easter celebrations this week. Last year, we saw some great airport Easter celebrations – giant Easter eggs in Macau, and Easter dinners at some smaller regional airports.
Here’s what happened this year for airport Easter:
- Solberg Aiport in NJ – which bizarrely enough doesn’t have an IATA 3-digit code (probably because it’s so small), had scheduled it’s 1th Annual Easter Bunny Fly-in on April 4th at 3PM. It’s exactly like it sounds – here’s a picture from the previous year.
Besides a guest appearance from the Easter bunny, there was also going to be a Hot Air Balloon Launch, a Kiwanis Club Cook-out, a walk-about hot air balloon tours, a duck pond, face painting, sand art, ice cream, air crafts on display, fly-ins and airplane rides. However, due to *extemely* high winds, the event was cancelled (the website reported that the Easter bunny was just as disappointed as the airport authority). #epicfail 🙁
- Finally, Marshfield Airport (GHG) in MA had a Easter bunny drop-in that WASN’T cancelled. On March 28th, the Easter Bunny made an appearance, followed by an Easter Egg Hunt. This airport Easter celebration featuring local restaurants and vendors, and was completely free for the public.
- Changi Airport (SIN) and the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel. SIN again put on a nice airport Easter showing, with the Easter bunny on patrol in various displays.
Also, if you were on a long layover at Changi, perhaps you stayed at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport hotel, which also had a nice airport Easter special for hotel guests. The promotion included a complimentary buffet breakfast, late check-out and a spending credit. The hotel’s Azur Restaurant put on a SINful Easter buffet lunch, and the sports bar was transformed into an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos.
- Belfast International Airport (BFS) wishes passengers a happy Easter. Last year, BFS offered an airport Easter egg hunt – which looked pretty cool. This year’s airport Easter paled in comparison, with a paltry greeting to passengers on Facebook.
- Finally, Aberdeen Airport (ABZ) in the UK produced a cutesy Easter bunny video. This airport Easter celebration included a #WheresBunny Twitter hashtag and accompanying YouTube video with a greeting from the airport. Have a look!
Happy airport Easter! Share your airport Easter experience with us @tripchi or leave us a note in the comments below.
One response to “Airport Easter 2015”
[…] airport April Fool’s. April gave us a lot of airport celebrations including Earth Hour, Easter and Earth Day, and kicking it off with some tongue in cheek aviation pranks. This was a great […]