Airport Restaurant Month is Here
As many of you know, it’s restaurant week across our nation’s restaurants, at various points throughout October. Different cities coordinate different weeks, but many kick-off this week – Oct 6 through 10. But, airports across North America (US and Canada) are honoring restaurant week across the entire month of October, essentially creating an airport restaurant month. So that means that, while in your city you only have a week to enjoy the reduced prices and special menus, in your airport you have the entire month to partake! Foodies take note – October is a great month to travel. 🙂 Or else you will wind up with this on the plane….
Airport restaurant month is all possible thanks to HMS Host, one of North America’s leading airport concessionaires. Since HMS Host is at over 100 airports worldwide, its able to organize airport restaurant month on a grand scale. Many airports have one featured restaurant, some have several. Multi-course meals come down in price over the course of airport restaurant month – typically in the $20 – $25 range for a full tasting menu (with extra charges for select entrees and dessert add-ons). And as airport food is getting to be just as good as city food – there’s no excuse not to make full use of airport restaurant month and get to the airport early to fit one in on each end of your trip.
Some Airport Restaurant Month Appe-teasers
Here’s a glimpse of the participating restaurant month airports, and some of their selections – notice that many of the restaurants offer the exact same choices, so to some research in advance to make sure you are able to get something different every time you visit the airport for airport restaurant month in October:
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX) – Cowboy Ciao is the featured restaurant at airport restaurant month, for a price of $25. With a main location in downtown, Coybow Ciao has been named one of the top 10 uniquely Arizona restaurants – and is offering up a $25 chef’s tasting menu that includes a choice of a Caesar Salad, Reverse Nacho, Roasted Asparagus, or the Chef’s Potato for the starter. Then it offers a choice of Rosemary Grilled Chicken Breast – or for $3 extra the Pan Seared Salmon or the Marinated Skirt Steak. We should also mention that PHX is coming soon to the tripchi mobile app.
- Seattle Tacoma Airport (SEA) – Dungeness Bay Seafood House is featured for airport restaurant month, at a price of $19.95. For starters, you get to sample Seattle’s finest seafood – a choice of Bay Shrimp Bruschetta, Sauteed Spinach, Arugula Apple Salad, or Parsley Potato Smash. For the main entree, try the Garlic Shrimp, or the Pan-Seared Sockeye Salmon for $2 more. Add a Petite Brownie Sundae for $3 on top of that. The total damage won’t be more than $25 for a 3-course awesome seafood meal.
- Boston Logan International Airport – Todd English’s Ozone and Bonfire restaurants at Logan International Airport in Boston. Bonfire is offering its restaurant airport month menu at $21. It includes a choice of a Caesar Salad, Reverse Nacho, Roasted Asparagus, or the Chef’s Potato for the starter. Then it offers a protein choice of Rosemary Grilled Chicken Breast – or for $4 extra the Pan Seared Salmon or the Marinated Skirt Steak. All entrees have some fabulous wine pairing recommendations as well. Bonfire is one of our favorite Boston Logan restaurants – and we should know since we were based out of BOS for 2 years. I personally ate at both restaurants a handful of times, preferring Bonfire of the two (I really enjoyed the marshmallow dessert) and the chicken sandwich. BOS will be included in the tripchi mobile app beta. You can see what else tripchi recommends in our Boston Logan domestic and international terminal blogs.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport – Beaudevin is the featured CLT airport restaurant month wine bar, which we’ve included in our CLT airport review write-up here. For a fixed price of $20, Beaudevin offers a choice of a Caesar Salad, Reverse Nacho, Roasted Asparagus, or the Chef’s Potato for the starter. Then it offers a protein choice of Rosemary Grilled Chicken Breast – or for $3 extra the Pan Seared Salmon. Beaudevin is a great place to sip, snack, and relax, while taking in the view of the airport from the central Atrium (near the piano). CLT is included in the tripchi mobile app beta and the online mobile website here.
- Washington Dulles International Airport – Moe’s Grill & Bar is the featured IAD airport restaurant month participant, offering a tasting menu at $21.99. It includes a choice of a Caesar Salad, Reverse Nacho, Roasted Asparagus, or the Chef’s Potato for the starter. Then Moe’s also offers a protein choice of Rosemary Grilled Chicken Breast – or for $3 extra the Pan Seared Salmon or the Marinated Skirt Steak. We did a blog review of IAD last month, but unfortunately didn’t get the chance to eat at Moe’s. A small Canadian chain, Moe’s serves sandwiches, burgers, pastas, pizzas and more, plus cocktails (not to be confused with Moe’s Southwest Grill). IAD is included in the tripchi mobile app beta and the online mobile website here.
All of these HMS Host airport restaurant month options also includes a complimentary bottle of water to take with you on the plane.
For More Airport Restaurant Month Restaurants
For a complete list of participating airports, check out this post by HMS Host.