It’s that time of year again – October is airport restaurant month. So, if you find yourself in a longish layover with more than an hour to kill at one of the 60 restaurants in North American airports participating in airport restaurant month, keep on reading for some of our best picks and #layovertips for noshing on some good eats at a killer price. You’ll find HMS Host has stepped it up from last year, with four times the number of restaurants participating this October.
A sample menu includes your choice of:
- Pan roasted Atlantic salmon with maple mustard
- Grilled chicken breast and fall mushroom ragout
- Berkshire pork tenderloin with caramelized apples and pan jus
- Hot spinach artichoke dip and crispy tortilla chips
- Beet salad with pickled beets, arugula, red onion, toasted walnuts, goat cheese, and an orange mint vinaigrette
- Roasted fall vegetables with olive oil and thyme
- Chef’s potato – a daily creation
We got the inside scoop from HMS Host on what the actual menus look like at the airports covered by tripchi (note, the price does vary from place to place, but the pricing is still quite reasonable):
Here’s an example of HMS Host’s airport restaurant month offering at the Denver ChopHouse & Brewery (which I will try to sample on Tuesday, October 13th on my flight from DEN to SAN):
And, for a list of all participating airports in airport restaurant month (courtesy of HMS Host), look no further:
We also simply must give kudos to HMS Host for their purpose-built website to help customers find participating restaurants in Airport Restaurant Month. The Airport Restaurant Month program was new last October (2014), and if you recall there was no website aggregating the restaurant details last year. That said, the website would be even better if it had the menus and prices from each of the participating restaurants. As it is, the information is a little lacking.